A review of the Waterworks District infrastructure and finances was recently completed by Carollo Engineers, Inc. The primary objectives of the Waterworks Facilities Assessment and Cost of Service Study were to:
- Assess the District's waterworks assets to identify the rehabilitation and replacement needs of the infrastructure
- Analyze water revenue and expenses for ten years
- Recommend a five-year rate plan, incorporating the facilities assessment revenue recommendations and establish a current nexus between the rates and costs
The ultimate objective of conducting the Study is to set rates accordingly to ensure the Waterworks District's self-sufficiency, with revenues funding operations, maintenance, and infrastructure replacement.
Please use the following links to view the Study:
- Waterworks Facilities Assessment and Cost of Service Evaluation (April 2015)
- Addendum to the Waterworks Facilities Assessment and Cost of Service Evaluation (November 2015)
For more information, please contact the Public Works Department at (805) 583-6400.