In order to obtain a release for a vehicle that has been towed by the Simi Valley Police Department please follow these
When visiting the police department to obtain a release for your vehicle you will need the following:
1. Proof of current registration and your ownership. All internal DMV records must show all fees due are paid in full. If your
2. A valid driver's license or a validly licensed driver to operate the vehicle.
3. Administrative fees are due ($73): Payable by cash or credit card only. (This does not include storage yard fees which are paid
If you the owner cannot respond in person to obtain the release and wish to send a representative they will need the following:
1. A letter from you identifying to whom you wish your vehicle released. (Sign the letter and enclose a copy of your driver's
2. Your representative must have a valid driver's license.
*All other requirements stated above also apply.
VEHICLES TOWED PURSUANT TO 14602.6 CVC (30 DAY IMPOUND)
California law permits towing and storage of vehicles for 30 days when the driver of the vehicle is unlicensed or driving with a
1. If you are the owner and driver of the vehicle at the time of storage and you are unlicensed or your driver's license is
2. If you are the owner of the vehicle, but not driving the vehicle at the time of storage, you may be entitled to secure a release
ATTENTION VEHICLE OWNER:
Under the provisions of Section 22852 CVC, you have the right to a hearing to determine the legality of this storage. If you choose to contest the legality of this storage, you must request the hearing in writing, in person, or by telephone at the office identified as the Storing Agency on this document. The vehicle storage hearing is an informal process to determine whether or not a vehicle was stored legally.
The Online Request Forms are here:
If you prefer or need a PDF copy of the forms they are here:
Your request for a hearing must be received within ten (10) days from the date of this notice. If you request a hearing, it will be conducted within 48 hours of the request, excluding weekends and holidays. Your failure to request or attend a scheduled hearing shall satisfy the Post-Storage Validity requirements of Section 22852 CVC.
If the hearing determines the storage to be unlawful, the storing agency will be responsible for the towing and storage charges. If you have any questions, or if this vehicle is no longer owned by you, please contact the Storing Agency shown below.
Simi Valley Police Department
3901 Alamo St
Simi Valley, Ca 93063