Department of Environmental Services
Environmental Services Director: Stratis Perros
Location: 2929 Tapo Canyon Road
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Building & Safety Division - Municipal Codes and Ordinance
The following are the codes and ordinances adopted by the City of Simi Valley and apply to all construction projects. The list is not intended to include every City code or ordinance that is enforced, and some may not be applicable to your project. The Simi Valley Building Code is part part of the Simi Valley Municipal Code (SVMC). The City of Simi Valley Building Code may be purchased at the Building and Safety public counter. If you have questions about codes and ordinances related to Building and Safety, please call (805) 583-6723.
For specific information concerning all City codes and ordinances, copies of the Simi Valley Municipal Code may be purchased at City Hall in the City Clerk's office.
Effective January 1, 2020 - Codes Adopted by City Ordinance No. 1301
- 2019 California Building Code, Volumes 1 and 2
- 2019 California Electrical Code
- 2019 California Mechanical Code
- 2019 California Plumbing Code
- 2019 California Energy Code
- 2019 California Historical Building Code
- 2019 California Existing Building Code
- 2019 California Referenced Standards Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2019 California Green Building Standards Code (CALGreen)
The above codes may be purchased online from the International Code Council.