Overview"Is this trip really necessary?" Before you hop in the car to make that run to the grocery store or run other errands, stop for a moment and think about what you want to accomplish. Can you combine one errand with several? Can you pick up that item with others, on the way to another destination?
The majority of people in Southern California are still dependent on single-occupant, gasoline-powered vehicles, which contribute to congestion on our streets and freeways and increase the amount of oil we burn. Using alternatives to driving alone will help to reduce our dependency and the time spent driving, while driving more fuel-efficient vehicles will reduce our costs and improve air quality.
- Electric Vehicle Readiness - Visit Southern California Edison's website for everything you need to know about purchasing an plug-in electric vehicle
- Drive Clean California - A buying guide for clean and efficient vehicles
- Metrolink Trains - Get information about Southern California's commuter train system
- Simi Valley Transit - View bus schedules for the Simi Valley Transit system, which includes service to Moorpark and Chatsworth
- NextBus - Find out exactly when the next bus is coming to your stop
- Bikes on Buses - Learn how to use the bike racks installed on every Simi Valley Transit bus
- Simi Valley Bicycle Master Plan - Find bicycle paths, on-street bicycle lanes, and upcoming improvements to Simi Valley's bicycling resources
- Arroyo Simi Greenway - Learn about efforts to convert the Arroyo Simi into a multi-purpose greenway
- EnergyCenter.org - Find information about the latest incentive programs, special events, and technical assistance
Please take a moment to visit the City's Live Green Event Calendar for more green opportunities!