City of Simi Valley's Insurance Requirements
For those conducting business with the City of Simi Valley, insurance coverage may be provided by either (1) an approved General and/or Auto Liability Endorsement Form for the City of Simi Valley or (2) an acceptable certified copy of the insurance policy (Declarations of Coverage ) with an approved Additional Insured Endorsement (CG 20150993/CG 20101093). A Certificate of Insurance is not acceptable evidence of insurance for liability and automobile coverages due to the following language on the standard ACORD form:
"This certificate is issued as a matter of information only and confers no rights upon the certificate holder. This certificate does not amend, extend or alter the coverage afforded by the policy."
To protect those doing business with the City, the public, and the City, insurance must:
- Cover the specific exposures to loss arising out of the work performed or activity conducted.
- Contain limits high enough to pay reasonably feasible judgments.
- Have the City, its boards, officers, agents, and employees included as "Additional Insureds" on the contractor's insurance for General and Auto Liability. The City shall be named as "Loss Payee" as its interest may appear on all property insurance. Workers' Compensation and Professional Liability do not require for the City to be named as an "Additional Insured."
- Have the insurance be primary and not call on the City's insurance for contributions.
- Provide that insurance shall not be canceled or reduced in coverage until after 30 days written notice.
- Provide a hold harmless agreement to include the defense and indemnification of the City. This obligates the contractor's/permittee's insurer or holds the contractor/permittee responsible in the event of insufficient or inadequate insurance.
- Have an A.M. Best's Rating of B+;VII and be admitted in California. Any exceptions must be reviewed and approved by the City's Risk Manager. Should you have any questions on insurance requirements, please contact the City's Risk Manager at (805) 583-6739.
- Insurance must be approved prior to commencement of the work/activity.
- General Liability Endorsement Form for the City of Simi Valley
- Auto Liability Endorsement Form for the City of Simi Valley