Green buildings offer many benefits, including:
- Continued return on investment
- Materials with enhanced durability
- Lower maintenance costs for high quality materials
- Reduced environmental impact
Green building improvements today can be as simple as installing occupancy sensors for lights, adding insulation to your attic, upgrading plumbing fixtures, and sealing doors and windows. There are also more complex options like installing tankless water heaters, using recycled building materials, and recycling your construction and demolition waste.
Now, more than ever, there are resources available to you to help green your homes and businesses on any budget. Check out some of the resources below to help you out!
- Simi Valley's Green Building Ordinance - Ventura County's first Green Building Ordinance can guide you on how to build green
- Simi Valley Home Rehabilitation Program- Offers low-interest and deferred loans to low- and median-income homeowners for home improvements
- Energy Upgrade California - Find energy efficiency projects, rebates, and State-certified energy efficiency contractors all in one place
- U.S. Green Building Council - A non-profit organization working to make green buildings available to everyone, and also the reviewer for LEED-certification
- EnergyCenter.org - Get green building tips for businesses and residences
- Simi Valley Landfill and Recycling Center - Get lower disposal rates by recycling your construction and demolition materials
- Ventura County Green Building Material List - Find local vendors who sell recycled and sustainable building materials
Share your green ideas and tips and allow your fellow residents and business owners to benefit from your green successes. Or, please share your suggestions and comments on what the City can do to be more green itself. We look forward to creating a sustainable future with your help!
Live Green Events
Please take a moment to visit the City's Live Green Event Calendar for more green opportunities!